Our Volunteers are a Valuable Source of Our Agency!
Our Volunteers Program is open to our clients and to everyone interested in working with immigrant women and families. Volunteers support our staff by performing general office duties, getting involved in challenging projects such as organizing small discussion groups for immigrant women, or teaching survival English classes, offering Income Tax Clinics and other initiatives useful to our clients.Volunteers enjoy great flexibility in their working hours, are encouraged to participate in our free workshops on women's issues and in our Leadership Training Program.They can receive Certificates of Appreciation and Recognition. A letter of reference is provided to those who donated 60 volunteer hours in three months.
- Basic training in office/reception skills and other office support
- Flexible hours
- Leadership training program (once a year)
- Free educational workshops on self-development
We accept practicum students from post-secondary institutions and work-experience students from Secondary Schools. We provide:
- Liaison with their educational institutions
About the Leadership Training Program (Volunteers' Program)
The Leadership Training Program is an interactive program focussed on self-development, communication and leadership skills. It is offered once a year to provide education about the Canadian justice system,health system and other issues that are relevant to immigrant women. The Program aims at immigrant and visible minority women who have experienced abuse in the home or who are motivated to help other women in their communities
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
* We offer consultation and educational programs on family violence from a multicultural perspective to professionals working with immigrant families.
* We are available for presentations, workshops, panel participation and informal talks on cultural responsiveness and family violence issues.
*All of these services are free of charge.
* We offer educational programs on the dynamics of family violence to cultural minority communities, reaching out to them through the ethnic media and through collaboration with other agencies.
* We regularly participate in inter agency councils, community meetings and other community initiatives,and we promote awareness of the immigrant women's struggles in the community.
*If you're interested in applying to become a Volunteer please complete the Volunteer Application Form and submit to email@example.com