Community Based Victim Services
Funded by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.
- Information and assistance in accessing and navigating the system
- Court preparation and accompaniment
- Liaison with lawyers/Crown Counsel
- Ongoing emotional support throughout the process
We assist women experiencing sexual assault or abuse, physical, emotional, psychological and/or financial abuse, stalking, hate crimes, threats, damages to their property and any other offences related to an abusive relationship.
We offer information about:
- Victim Impact Statement
- The Court system and Court orientation
- Court case results
- Victim's compensation
We support women in their emotional journey by offering:
- Emotional support, having someone to talk to
- Court accompaniment
- Assistance to the woman's family
- Assistance to witnesses and non-offending family members
We offer continuity of support and help women to connect with other useful services by:
- Providing referral to our multicultural workers
- Emergency social services
- Referral to Transition Houses
- Referral to Community Agencies
Court Support Programs
Court Support Services
We are here to provide advice and support for witnesses to crime and guide them through the judicial process.
Court House Locations
Do you need to find a B.C. Court House near you? View B.C. Court House Locations in your area.
Some Legal Terms
View our list of commonly used Court House Terms. Knowing the language goes a long way in understanding the process.