Our anti-violence publications and DVDs based on cross-cultural perspective include:
- Ethnic Media Outreach: DVDs onWife, Child and Elder Abuse, in three languages: Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Spanish and Punjabi, with English subtitles.
- Manual Let's Talk: Families Across Cultures.
- Discipline Vs. Abuse: Report on Meetings with Six Ethnic Communities. (A consultation with the Afrcian-origin, Chinese, Iranian, Latin-American, South Asian and Vietnamese communities on the theme of child abuse and apprehension. ,
- Discipline Vs. Abuse: A Multicultural Perspective. A Lesson Plan on Types of Abuse for the teaching and non-teaching staff at Elementary Schools.
- Manual Through the Eyes of a Child. An exploration of the impact of family violence as seen by children who witness abuse and/or are abused
- Translation of the educational booklet: Wife Abuse (from the West Coast Reader, Capilano University) in nine languages.
Each DVDs contains three culturally sensitive stories about wife, child and elder abuse. Each episode is about 10 minutes long. The DVDs can be used for educational presentations in the classroom, during workshops or as discussion material for women's groups.
Please, contact us to order the DVDs on Wife Abuse, Child Abuse and Elder Abuse in one or more languages: (Chinese, Punjabi and Spanish, with English subtitles). Just call: 604-436-1025 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org.Set of three language DVDs: $ 80.00 (discounts available.)
Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese) Spanish Punjabi
Through the Eyes of a Child
Wife Abuse pamphlets translated into different languages