In response to the public health emergency and fluid flow of critical information, please note that VLMFSS has implemented a Contingency Plan which includes the following:
- Office is closed so No face-to-face appointments in the office or appointment outside of the office
- Skeletal office staffing based on level of comfort on safety and need to access files and office equipment - shifts of 4 - 5 staff each day
- Working from home using Office 365 email and VLMFSS cell phones
- Conference call with pro-bono lawyers
- Business Zoom - to be activated this week
- All support groups, yoga, and general staff meetings are on hold until further notice from the BC Ministry of Health
Since 1991, serving immigrant, refugee, visible minority, non-status women and children experiencing family violence in Metro Vancouver.
We acknowledge and thank the Coast Salish Nations of Musqueam, Tsleil–Wautuh and Squamish
on whose traditional territories we empower immigrant and refugee families.